Register for the 2018 IRIS Workshop!
Since its inception in 1984, IRIS has built excellent foundational facilities for seismologists to study the Earth’s interior, earthquakes and other natural hazards. This workshop will highlight exciting scientific advances using current facilities, and explore future frontier facilities, activities and techniques. In part, the future of IRIS includes the expansion of the facilities to support interdisciplinary research activities among the solid Earth, hydrosphere, cryosphere, atmosphere and other surface processes, and to create a more diverse geoscience community.
- Date: June 12-14, 2018
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- Lodging: A block of rooms has been reserved at the DoubleTree Hotel for the reduced group room rate of $91/night USD (single occupancy), $101/night USD (double occupancy), $121/night (triple occupancy), and $141/night USD (quad occupancy). In addition an 13.3125% sales tax will be billed to each room night charge. The cut-off date to make room reservations is May 18, 2018.
- Field Trip: There will be an optional field trip the morning of June 11th to the nearby Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument in the Jemez Volcanic field to look at pyroclastic volcanic deposits, hike through a slot canyon, and get an overview of the Rio Grande Rift. Registration for the field trip will open shortly.
- Scholarships: Students/Postdocs are encouraged to apply for travel scholarships. The application deadline is April 20th.
- Registration Deadline: May 18th
Workshop Registration Fees
- Attendee: $265
- Students/Postdocs: $133
- Guest (age 10+): $50
- Late Registration (after May 18th): $300
- 100% refund until the May 18th deadline
- 50% refund between May 19th - June 1st
- No refunds will be issued after June 1st
Scholarship Application Deadline: April 20
Hotel Deadline: May 18
Registration Deadline: May 18
For more information and to register please visit dev.iris.edu/irisworkshop.
Have any questions? Email Justin Sweet (justin.sweet<at>iris.edu) and/or Wendy Bohon (wendy.bohon<at>iris.edu))
We look forward to seeing you in Albuquerque!
Published on Feb 27th, 2018